Our alliance was only ever going to be temporary, and deep down I knew it. That knowledge always meant that deep down I always held something back, out of self-preservation. At the time it was the catalyst for our parting. In hindsight, it was precisely the right thing to do, adding the old adage, 'if you love someone, set them free'.
I've encountered many different people during my life, some good, some downright boring, and some toxic. My ex-girlfriend is something very special. A true free spirit, who knows her own mind, is full of guts and determination, and has a heart as big as a mountain.
I may never see her again, or even hear from her, but I know she'll be more than ok out there in the big, wide world.
And I wish her nothing but love, peace, happiness and fulfillment, wherever she finds it.
Fly free my little bird.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment